Upcoming Posts!

Fitness Friday
Glamorously Savvy - MAC Rebel
Face of the Day - LA Pro Concealers

*Make sure to follow/subscribe or check back often so you don't miss anything!*

3.11.2010

Review: Revlon Colorstay Foundation

Hey Dolls,
Another review for you guys today...



Revlon Colorstay makeup with softflex for combination/oily skin

Price: I bought this from Walmart for $9.98

What the website says:
Specially formulated for combination or oily skin, this oil-free formula helps control shine all day and gives you flawless looking skin.
Makeup looks fresh and feels great for up to 16 hours thanks to the lightweight, comfortable feel from the SoftFlex ColorStay™ formula.
Medium to full coverage, with SPF 6 protection*.

*Golden, Caramel, Toast, Rich Ginger, Cappuccino, Mahogany, and Mocha do not contain SPF.
info taken from Revlon's Website


Pros:
*Very lightweight-once it was on I didn’t feel like I had a face full of makeup on
*I like full coverage most of the time and with this this foundation I feel like it’s very easy to get either a medium or full coverage-so very blendable
*Very good price
* I can’t comment on whether it really lasted for 16 hours because I never keep my makeup on that long, lol-but it did last great for a normal 8 hour day =]

Cons:
*The first day I used this it had this perfumy smell that I did not like. In fact I had to wash it off my face after a few hours because it was making me sick. The next day I tried it again and although I smelled it briefly before putting it on I did not smell it again and it didn’t make me sick. I’m not sure if it was just my bottle or if my sense of smell was just a little extra sensitive that day but it hasn’t bothered me since the first day.
*It doesn’t have a pump which I’m not a fan of because I feel like I’m wasting so much product-I'm a little clumsy especially if I'm rushing =].

Overall...
I like this foundation a lot, it did not make my skin feel oily or greasy even after wearing for an entire day. I didn’t feel like I had foundation on at all which I really liked, because it didn’t give me that ‘made up’ feeling. I often shy away from drugstore foundations because I can never seem to find a foundation that matches well with my skin tone, but this one I feel matched very well.

My Rating: 4.5/5
Will I purchase again: Yes

Has anyone else tried this foundation? What was your experience?


*This is strictly my opinion of this product based on my personal experience with it. Different skin types will experience different outcomes-what works for me may not work for you.


8 comments:

Mz. More said...

Great review. I started using this foundation about two weeks ago and have been wearing it everyday. I plan to do a review this week. I love it.

This is my second experience with a Revlon f/d, I tried out the PhotoReady one before this and love that one as well.

lovelyviolet5 said...

I've got something for you in my blog!!!check it out doll!Cheers!!!

Taj Acosta said...

Hi doll, just found your blog and it's great! Keep it glam girl xoxo

Sarai said...

@Mz. More can't wait to read your review! I am thinking of buying the PhotoReady foundation because I had such a good experience with this one, I'll definitely post a review if I decide to buy it =]

@lovelyviolet5 ok will do =]

@Taj Acosta Thank you!

Mylinda said...

im going to have to try this.. do you have any before and after pics?

BrownSugarBabe said...

I tried this and when i wore it... it broke me out. I am still going to use it, but i mix a bit of it with my moisturizer and use it as a tinted moisturizer. But I like it and great review!

Holly Sanders said...

This is my moms true blue foundation, idk why I didnt buy it when I started wearing makeup. But I actually never needed foundation till now, so Im going to get it, but its soo hard 2 find a Wal*Mart that stock well in darker skin tones!

Sarai said...

@Mylinda no I don't have any right now but I'll try to take some to post. The past couple of FOTD's I've done have been with the Revlon Colorstay foundation though

@BrownSugarBabe I may try it as a tinted moisturizer too as the summer months get closer-I don't like to wear too much foundation in the summer I feel like it melts off my face, lol

@HollySanders you're right about finding shades at any drugstore-where I live the only place that has the darker shades is the Walmart! Let me know how you like it when you try it =]

Related Posts with Thumbnails